What did Yogi Bhajan promise you and how did that turn out?

Kundalini Yoga, White Tantric Yoga, Ashrams, Daily Life...
forget-me-not

Re: What did Yogi Bhajan promise you and how did that turn o

Post by forget-me-not »

That's terrible what that doctor did to you. Shame on him!

I made it a point to never ask YB for a diet. Thankfully he never gave me one. But he did prescribe cornsilk tea for my severe back pain, which he said was kidneys. I drank it religiously but it didn't help because what I really had was a slipped disk.

Thanks for the link about the MIB. Scary stuff! I'm almost certain I've been written up in a perjorative way by a really bad doctor that I fired. People with ME/CFS are almost always written off as head cases and slackers by doctors who have no training or understanding of the disease.

longago

Post by longago »

Remember before credit score companies (when they had inaccurate information) would not make any corrections and by law were not require to do it? Then they were regulated and that made big difference for people. Well the MIB as far as I know is not under any law to enforce necessary corrections so they don't.

The MIB, before Affordable Health Care, was used to deny people insurance and/or profile them as problem patients. Now that people can get insurance I imagine that eventually the MIB problem will be addressed (if it already hasn't been done).

forget-me-not

Post by forget-me-not »

I sure hope so!

longago

Post by longago »

Bhajan invited a 70-something man to work on a project for him and after particpating for over a month, when it was time for him to leave, he was sent away with a ride to the airport empty handed. I didn't know at the time about the promise of payment. I found out about it after the fact when folks close to the old man ask me to intercede on his behalf. Bhajan courted the old man to get him involved then had his harem/staff refuse calls to Bhajan when the project was completed.

forget-me-not

Post by forget-me-not »

Sat Guru Singh did huge amounts of loving seva for the Gurdwara, the secretaries and YB over many years. One of the secretaries asked him to replace a long pasture fence at YB's Ranch in Espanola. It was supposed to be paid work. He wrote up a more than fair estimate which the secretary accepted. He worked his fanny off, did a beautiful job.

When it came time to pay him, the secretary shorted him by several hundred dollars. Her excuse was that he reused some of the wire from the fence he took down. It was perfectly good wire; he had factored it into his bid because he wanted to charge YB as little as possible.

He pointed out that she wouldn't dare cheat an "outside" handyman from town. She smirked at Sat Guru Singh and said, "That's why we hired you!

That was the last time he ever lifted a finger for YB or the secretaries.

longago

Post by longago »

maybe he should have considered taking down the fence he built.... the staff was jackals and predators 'schooled' by Bhajan

forget-me-not

Post by forget-me-not »

It wasn't in his nature. We just left when we had the chance.

longago

Post by longago »

the whole American Sikh Dharma tax exempt religion was as far as I'm concerned from beginning concept to end a white robed conspiracy that all the players come together to order do good things (tax savings etc) for themselves; they take a nice little slice of life exemption from the real world and flaunt the law with their criminal business deals because Bhajan said it was ok to lie, cheat and steal

having taken a wrong turn in life into the 3HO road I left when I had my chance then the cult attacked me as they attacked other former members - when I see pictures of smiling faces at 2015 solstice of 3HO members who still remain it looks like group mental illness to me

forget-me-not

Post by forget-me-not »

What qualifies a religion for tax exemption? Can anyone just make up a religion and claim tax exempt status? Because they ain't Sikhs no matter how much they claim to be.

AFAIK, non-profit organizations claiming tax exemption are supposed to be fully transparent about their income and expenses, but trying to get a detailed financial report from 3HO and SDNM in Espanola was impossible when I was there. I remember one time they called a meeting promising to give us the financial statement we'd been asking for, whereupon they produced a vagued-up pie chart instead.

Dunno if it's any better now. Wish the IRS would audit them.