What did Yogi Bhajan promise you and how did that turn out?

Kundalini Yoga, White Tantric Yoga, Ashrams, Daily Life...
longago

What did Yogi Bhajan promise you and how did that turn out?

Post by longago »

Collecting this type of information can help build a perspective on Bhajan's means and method for manipulation.

KamallaKaur

Re: What did Yogi Bhajan promise you and how did that turn o

Post by KamallaKaur »

I agree this is a very interesting thread topic. We have explored the extremely abusive side of this topic - a thread called: The Curses of Yogi Bhajan - but what about subtler manipulations.

I was 18 when I moved into the Philadelohia Ashram in 1973 and I only saw Yogi Bhajan once or twice a year and I didn't always stand in line to ask him a question. When I did he put me on a fast.

I was that girl who was always fasting. Had an eating disorder, ya think?

Yogi Bhajan told me, at age 18, that I should be 103 pounds. I weighed 122 pounds. In the picture below, I am age 21, weighing 125 and feeling intense shame about it. Three months after my second child was born, Yogi Bhajan put me on a 90 Day monodiet of P Fruit and Yogurt. I was still nursing, and taking no supplements.
Kamallaage21.png
I now believe that Yogi Bhajan was out to shut me up. I think that Ashram Heads I lived under talked to Yogi Bhajan about me - and they also talked about everyone else in the Ashram too. I imagine they told funny stories, eyes rolling, about my cosmic ability to speak out about what everyone was hush hushing. I was raised by academic intellectuals and had a very progressive alternative liberal arts education, and I was a devoted teen political activist. I was funny, cute and comfortable in the role of bratty little sister. My only sibling, my older brother, is a regional star - born that way - so I was used to that role.

How do you solve a PR problem like I was?

Fasting!

How did that work for me in the long run being told by Yogi Bhajan that I should be 103 pounds - WAY too Goth deathly skinny for me?

It was extremely hard on my body to fast so much, and yo-yo diet, always doing those extreme malnutrition sorts of regimes. It broke my body some. But the fasting was fatal to my mind. Stopped my critical thinking abilities cold for a decade or two.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

longago

Post by longago »

I read pg. 1 of 'curses' topic just now for first time. His staff enabled his abuse like many 'family members' in domestic abusive relationships. It reminded me of the time I was approached by Bhajan, with Nirinjan Kaur (Secretary) by his side. I don't recall the conversation content but I clearly remember that Nirinjan has fresh bruises on her face. Bhajan noticed that I wasn't paying attention but was studying Nirinjan's face instead. He paused his demagoguery to announce that Nirinjan had 'run into a sliding glass door.'

He didn't make idle threats towards ex-members. He directed others and his staff to use whatever harassing means they had to damage anyone who became 'disenchanted' with his wacko world.

KamallaKaur

Post by KamallaKaur »

Yogi Bhajan was very violent and sadistic. I doubt that he "promised" good futures to too many people, because he didn't have to. Those he was attempting to lure into the inner circle, like Gursant Singh, got told they would be rich and famous and powerful, 10x greater than YB. YB certainly promised his harem that they would be taken care of forever but that didn't work out. He promised us all that if we did sadhana etc. we would be successful and liberated.

But for the majority of we flunkies, he didn't bother to promise us anything except horrible stuff if we left or questioned him. Here is something from the old WWoYB site written by a woman who had a marriage arranged by YB. They were a very unlikely couple in many ways, but they actually fell in love. Then YB tried to divorce them! This is how YB's arranged marriage worked out for them!

One day Bhajan came to visit our ashram. Basically, it was falling apart. The heads of it had sucked so much money from the peons as their main form of support, and had so many illicit affairs, that people were rebelling. Drug use was also a problem in the upper circles.

My transgression was that I had befriended a few single woman who had bum husbands and were struggling to survive. This is the truth. We had been seen around town (by Ashram spies) wearing only our rishi knots.

When Bhajan received me, he shook my hand and said "You"? That was because other than my unapproved friendships, I was a perfect "student" in every way.

Since I thought I had done nothing wrong other than to listen to people with some hard luck stories, and sometimes going out in public in only my rishi knot, I would not admit to being sorry for what I had done. For this, Bhajan started to court my husband, and eventually told him to divorce me. He even went so far as to offer him another wife. He wanted my husband to work for him in Espanola or L.A. possibly.

But, my husband and I actually had a good marriage and two little children, and couldn't figure out for the life of us where this was coming from. Of course, my "family" in the ashram knew that we were supposed to be divorced, it was for a higher purpose and it must have been my fault, since Bhajan wanted my husband to be even closer to him. My husband had a dream one night that people from our ashram had come with a bulldozer and tried to knock in our living room window. That's how we felt.

It was a major shock to us true believers who knew that what ever Bhajan said, it was really the "Will of God". We had to choose between "God" and each other. Plus, we thought that Bhajan didn't believe in divorce; especially between happily married people.

longago

Post by longago »

Bhajan yelled at me and called me an idiot and other rotten things more than once but I didn't buy into the things he said during his bombastic fits. I often thought of him as a spoiled child from a cultural system where sons were treated like royal princes where nothing they could ever do was considered wrong. I only stared back at him in reaction and thought that's not his 'best side' and was willing to ignore it but eventually I found over time how cruelly he hurt and betrayed others.

He was a corrupting influence on so many people and he did many things to undermine families if one spouse was not willing to 'go along to get along' with his scam plans and shady financial schemes. When I had enough he got really mean and menacing carrying out a long campaign against me putting doubt in my spouse's mind damaging the bond between us. When we divorced Bhajan used his influence with others to paint me as an unfit parent directing his staff with my ex and his son-in-law to financially ruin me. That was Bhjan's M.O.

longago

Post by longago »

I wonder how the people working the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation used and or abused other 3HO members over the years as Bhajan did. They certainly kept the secrets of Bhajan's dark side. What are their psychological or character profiles. Other than their white robes and keeping the money flowing by any means necessary what is the history of the promises Bhajan made to them and kept or vice-versa?

http://sirisinghsahibcorp-public.sharep ... 20SSSC.pdf

longago

Post by longago »

http://cvn.com/proceedings/browse/party ... orporation

Oregon v Golden Temple

Courtroom Videos

5/23/11
8/05/11
9/30/11
12/15/11
4/11/12

stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

If you ask me he promised love,guidance and protection.He was supposed to be with me in spirit when I meditated.He promised to watch over the 3ho family.I believed he had our best interests at heart,and that he was psychically connected to everyone in 3ho.I believed he was a link in the golden chain of kundalini yoga,and that this was something sacred.He broke a lot of hearts.

longago

Post by longago »

I was looking over information about former member Nirbhao Singh NS Khalsa aka Kettle Chips and recalled the time I visited Oregon and saw his food production when it was in the early stages. It was clear he was going to have a great success with the business.

I didn't know then and I still don't much about Healy's history in 3HO. I'm guessing that he was 'tapped' by Bhajan for lots of donations and so on but when or if Healy wasn't responding as expected to Bhajan's financial arm twisting then Bhajan would have reverted to implementing his 'financial mafia' method on him. As I said I can only extrapolate from what I observed in other places in other businesses.

When Bhajan didn't get the kind of 'control' he wanted over a private business he'd attempt to 'plant' one of his well trained accountants in the business or he'd make an offer to send someone from LA or Virginia some wizard to work for the private business in order to get 'Bhajan's made man/women into the company. Using that method Bhajan eventually completely usurped an individual's private business - it was Bhajan's M.O. He did that many times wherever there was the seed potential for a growth business.

The opening move from Bhajan in his 'take over attempt', was to place one of his 3HO agents as a 'wolf in sheep's clothing' into the private business. As I said my guess is that Cameron Healy (N.S.Khalsa) saw the writing on the wall. Whatever Bhajan may have promised or offered to him must have set off a 'red flag.'

I don't know when Healy left 3HO but I think he surely must have done so to avoid the Bhajan financial mafia, the Bhajan 3HO merger-take-over method of a private business.

It was a good call if that is the reason he became a former 3HO member. Healy suceeded as a businessman, grew and prospered. In subsequent years he branched out to create an environmental foundation as well as other good businesses besides the wildly successful Kettle Company.