Did Yogi Bhajan ever practice Kundalini Yoga

Kundalini Yoga, White Tantric Yoga, Ashrams, Daily Life...
explorer

Did Yogi Bhajan ever practice Kundalini Yoga

Post by explorer »

Out of the hundreds of hours of video of Yogi Bhajan, I have never seen any of Yogi Bhajan practicing kundalini yoga. In contrast there are loads of films and pictures of Iyengar doing yoga; there are early films of Dhirendra Brahmachari demonstrating complicated poses. But none of YB. It is not as though Bhajan was a shrinking violet!!

I'd be fascinated to know if any ex3HOer ever saw YB doing Kundalini Yoga. Was he ever seen participating in a daily practice? Was he ever seen doing yoga at all beyond the early days of teaching?

I have seen a few photos of him in some basic yoga poses. One of him in lotus, but that is about it.

I kind of suspect that he did not practice... But am open to hearing evidence to the contrary.

KamallaKaur

Re: Did Yogi Bhajan ever practice Kundalini Yoga

Post by KamallaKaur »

Nope. Yogi Bhajan did not practice yoga. My husband, Ken, likes the idea of a YB cartoon called "The 400 Pound Yogi"
247586_21621FatYogi.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

You read my mind,I often ponder this myself! He certainly never looked like a yogi,except
when he was younger and had a higher metabolism. I wonder what he ate?Any 40 day cleanses?
I think it is safe to say he rarely, if ever, practiced what he preached!!
But he was head and shoulders above the regiment he prescribed for us mere mortals!! Did he drink alcohol in secret?

KamallaKaur

Post by KamallaKaur »

Best Yogi Bhajan Impersonators:

Here are my votes for the best Yogi Bhajan Impersonators!

First prize goes to our own mysterious X-Bhajanist comedian Yogi Bhajan Impersonator, who talks about how those "IDIOTS" at Sikhnet are all fat and talking like him!

History Pistory

My second choice for best Yogi Bhajan Impersonator is:

Sikhnets own Guruka Singh Khalsa: What is Guru?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

Is he the Breath-walker? I actually bought that program ,I got some funny looks as I took the Kundalini yoga chants out for a walk! Basically that's all is was,walking yoga!What a hoax,but I fell for it!!

KamallaKaur

Post by KamallaKaur »

Gurucharan1.jpg
Gurucharan2.jpg
Great choice, stardreamer. That is MSS Gurucharan Singh Khalsa, who I feel is by far the best life long Yogi Bhajan imitator. Yogi Bhajan thought so too because he allowed Gurucharan Singh Singh to write his Phd thesis! Many imagined that MSS Gurucharan Singh Khalsa would be the Mahan Tantra after YB died - especially Gurucharan Singh Khalsa, or so I have alway thought. But he ended up on the wrong side of the recent epic YBEmpire schism, so he is now fully shamed and shunned by the current Bhajanist organizations.

KamallaKaur

Post by KamallaKaur »

stardreamer writes: I wonder what he ate? Any 40 day cleanses? I think it is safe to say he rarely, if ever, practiced what he preached!!

But he was head and shoulders above the regiment he prescribed for us mere mortals!! Did he drink alcohol in secret?

I started a new thread to answer these questions called:

What did Yogi Bhajan eat?

KamallaKaur

Post by KamallaKaur »

Another epic Yogi Bhajan imitator is SS Guru Bachan Singh Khalsa, the Lord of Miracles Tour performer.
Gurubachan1.jpg
Gurubachan2.jpg
Gurubachan3.jpg

explorer

Post by explorer »

Yes Gurucharan Singh Khalsa a top YB impersonator. He is rather coy about where he got his Phd. In his Linkin he has education schools listed as:

"Harvey Mudd College, Claremont Grad School, Boston University, PSPS"

He says he got his "Masters at Boston University and PhD and thesis at CSHP a professional graduate school."

Is CSHP a well known school in US? I find it hard to trace... I only found a California school of Health pharmacy? CSHP is not the "Clayton School" by any chance - notorious as diploma mill.

CSHP also stands for "Certificate in Sheep Health and Production"!
And what is PSPS?

Archivist1

Post by Archivist1 »

Here is the Yogi Bhajan's FAKE Phd thread.