How many Kundalini Yoga Teachers are actually criminals

Kundalini Yoga, White Tantric Yoga, Ashrams, Daily Life...
fudge

How many Kundalini Yoga Teachers are actually criminals

Post by fudge »

I recently took in a Kundalini Yoga Teacher as a lodger. He made out that he was a tee total vegan. The first few weeks were fine but then he changed completely.
It turned out that he was not tee total but had a serious drink problem. When I tried to get him to leave he complained to the police that I was harassing him for sex!! He tried to black mail me he assaulted me and tried to ruin my life. He is under investigation by the police for very serious crimes committed against me but it took a long time to persuade the police to take me seriously. Since then I have discovered that this man has a long criminal record and was not only a heroin user but also an ex crack cocaine addict. As far as I know he was learnt about Kundalini Yoga in prison. I was shocked to discover that the gurus of Kudalini Yoga are also criminals.

My question is this. If Kudalini Yoga is actively encouraged in prisons to help drug addicts and they then become kundalini yoga teachers who are well aware of Yoga Bajahns criminal activitys there could be many kundalini yoga teachers who are in fact just using it as a cover to get money and sex from people who attend their classes.
This guy may just be a one off or he could be the tip of the iceberg.

forget-me-not

Re: How many Kundalini Yoga Teachers are actually criminals

Post by forget-me-not »

Welcome to the forum, fudge. I'm glad you're here and so sorry to hear about your experience. I hope you got the guy out of your home and got a restraining order.

I don't have any statistics for you as to how many KY teachers have criminal records, but there is a long history of criminal activity in the organization. Several people high up in Yogi Bhajan's inner circle and many others further down committed crimes while serving him, from financial fraud to drug and gun running. There has even been a gangland-style murder that has gone unsolved. You can read about it here in the forum and in the "Crimes" section of the Wacko World of Yogi Bhajan Homepage.

Given that they teach KY in prisons, I'm not surprised that ex-cons are coming out of prison to join the KY racket. I'm very sorry that this happened to you.

Off topic a bit, but have you considered using a service such as National Tenant Network to run background checks on potential tenants? IIRC it costs about $25. You can just tell potential lodgers that a background check is mandatory and it'll cost them $x.xx up front to be considered.

Please let us know if you are safe and if you have any other questions or problems.

fudge

Re: How many Kundalini Yoga Teachers are actually criminals

Post by fudge »

Thank you for getting back to me. I am hoping to write an article on my experiences for the national press in the uk. I am particularly interested in exposing the whole kundalini yoga organisation if I can.

My reasons are two fold. The police believe this man has many victims still to come forward so writing a newspaper article may persuade more people to come forward;secondly I think people would be really interested to discover that an organisation can be completely sham but appear real just because of the internet.

Fudge