Cockroach - Yogi Bhajan Returns

Kundalini Yoga, White Tantric Yoga, Ashrams, Daily Life...
Archivist1

Cockroach - Yogi Bhajan Returns

Post by Archivist1 »

Yogi Bhajan
from 1988 lecture titled: "I Am Not The Siri Singh Sahib"
http://fateh.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/articl ... enDocument

"It's not within my power to change the environments and the circumstances. It is not within my power to tell a donkey to become a cockroach. But it is the hand of the power that when a teacher misses the style of the life bestowed on him, the path of being teacher, the next life for him is a cockroach. That I know."

A friend has been having this cockroach invading her meditation space. He comes into this crack in a set of shelves, and he sits there, tentacles dancing, and he watches her as she meditates. It freaks her out, disturbs her peacetime. She feels she will have to use poison, that cockroach is too fast for her when she tries to attack it directly. She is wondering if this situation has a deeper meaning.

My first thought?

Yogiji!

He is back!

Anyone else having cockroach happenings since YB's death?

Kamalla Kaur

Archivist1

Re: Cockroach - Yogi Bhajan Returns

Post by Archivist1 »

I think a cockroach would be too good of an incarnation...afterall, they are quick, tenacious, and can run and hide.

More suitable karma might be as a naive teenage girl who is sucked into the imprisoning lecherous abusive clutches of a very false spiritual teacher.

I like that. Really like that. A naive and innocent teenage girl makes so much more sense.

If your friend, Kamalla, has as much compassion as Bhajan himself, she won't kill it. Remember that story he used to tell about how he wouldn't kill a certain cockroach because he knew it was a spiritual teacher gone wrong, and he didn't want to put him out of his misery so fast?

'..much compassion as Bhajan himself, she won't kill it. Remember that story he used to tell about how he wouldn't kill a certain cockroach because he knew it was a spiritual teacher gone wrong, and he didn't want to put him out of his misery so fast?'

Amazing how a man who called himself an enlightened master, blah, blah, blah, would have such vindictiveness as to want to see someone suffer. No man of compassion, the ex-bogi.

Archivist1

Post by Archivist1 »

There was a story I heard around the Eugene ashram about how some Bhajanist had walked by the open bathroom door and paused to look only to see Yogiji bent over the toilet. Yogiji appeared to be watching a lone roach on the rim who appeared to be preparing to leap to his watery death below. While this Bhajanist watched, Yogiji picked up the roach and put him on the floor saying, "No no, Swamiji. You don't get out of it that easily!"

Now I heard this story, maybe it was a myth, back when I was 20 or so, and my first thought was "A roach in the Eugene ashram bathroom? How embarrassing for Sat Kirpal Kaur!"

Now, years later, I am a bit fascinated by the theater of the scene, assuming that the story really happened. Did YB truly believe that spiritual teachers who betray their students reincarnate as cockroachs? Did he know he had an audience? Did he feel any irony in his little dramatic bathroom vignette?

And did he yell at, or publically shame, Sat Kirpal Kaur about the roach?

Kamalla Kaur

'And did he yell at, or publically shame, Sat Kirpal Kaur about the roach?'

"IF" the story is true, one could never know how the bogi reacted...In whichever way it would give him most power.

He could have humiliated her, just for the fun of seeing a good woman feel bad about the fastidious job she probably did.

Or, he could have told everyone that the "ex-swami" chose to be in one of "His Ashrams" so the poor soul could see how good students really were, and to work off his bad karma.

That was the thing about the bogi that kept everyone walking on eggs, not really deeply inhaling and exhaling....never knew how he would react....or when which shoe would drop,...or, get thrown at your head...or, at your back.

I know that doesn't address your post, which was a sincere question re: does anyone know about this story.

But, my answer addresses the enigma of living life around the bogi.

Archivist1

Post by Archivist1 »

I witnessed that Yogiji was constantly staging various theatrics for his students. He was acting all the time; acting like a holyman, acting as though he had siddhis, acting as if he didn't care about things that he cared deeply about, and acting as if he cared about things that bored him.

Understanding sociopaths, trying to figure how they tick, is both way beyond my professional skill-level and I also sense it can be harmful practice. I do not wish to get obsessive about questing after what YB thought and felt; or more to the point, didn't think or feel. Keep the company of the enlightened, and all that.

I didn't know YB personally and I am very grateful I was protected.

Rather, in many ways, by this time, YB is a "character" to me. I read all these stories about him, about what he said as opposed to what he did, and I watch the damage in his wake, and read the Bhajanist myths about him, and I fully admit that he was a fascinating character. YB was a god-father, a clown, an actor, a man who would be king, a big baby, a big big big big, really really fat blob, claiming to be a great yogi. He was WAY afraid of death. He was terribly superstitious, always running to psychics and astrologers for advice. He had the weirdest imaginable diet; strange regimes and stranger binges. He appears to have been full of boredom and self loathing one moment, pigging out on doughnuts while watching old movies on TV all day, and full of divine faith in his divine status the next. He was faking it to make it for sure; walking his false talk, the leader of Sikhs everywhere. The Mahan Tantric. Yogi the Hud.

Kamalla Kaur

What a let down that YB didn't try for a more typically yogi's death. What happened to sitting up, in full lotus, and entering Mahan Samadhi while meditating? How many great masters of Yoga have died obese, with raging diabetes, kidney failure and clogged arteries?

How can anyone call YB a great yogi? YB didn't do yoga. Nor did he have a graceful or natural death. He went to India for a kidney transplant because doctors in the USA wouldn't give him one. All that effort and expense bought him maybe 12 more months of "life" in a bed, feeling like crap. I work hospice so I see all kinds of deaths and YB's was unusually icky. Diabetes is horrible at the end of life especially. When an elder's kidneys fail, in my opinion, it is simply time to die. There is no amount of money that can make quality of life good for people who are being "kept alive" by multiple artificial means. Rather than transcending the maya of the mind/body split, YB got stuck but good. His body wanted to die but his mind was too afraid and tried everything to avoid the grim reaper.

People who die peacefully are in tune with their bodys. They are at one; body and soul. So when their bodies want to die, they want to die. It is as simple as that.

Kamalla Kaur

Archivist1

Post by Archivist1 »

Cockroaches are so important to Bhajanism, maybe a bit like clams are so important to Scientology? http://www.xenu.net/clam_faq.html

That's hilarious!

Added to the glossary:

"Clambaked": meaning someone who has undergone thorough brain-washing inside a cult.

"Clamhead" : meaning a person who has been clambaked and is now a gullible cult-brained believer in hypnotic trance, eager for the next suggestion from the Master or the Master's clone.

"Cockroacher" meaning: a person who claims to be a spiritual teacher but indulges in sex with the students/disciples, and is heading for his/her next incarnation as a cockroach.

also, a person, now deceased, who claimed to be a spiritual teacher but indulged in sex with the students/disciples and is now enjoying life as a cockroach.

While keeping in mind, the cockroacher is a self proclaimed spiritual teacher who sexually exploits his disciples...

...a very, very interesting coincidence that exactly in front of the GRD ashram in Los Angeles on Preuss road, where YB used to live, there happens to be a huge geometrically progressing infestation of cockroachs scuttling all over. They come out at night and chase people walking by, like out of an Indiana Jones movie! People who live on that street comfort themselves, calling them "waterbugs".

Archivist1

Post by Archivist1 »

Clearly former swamis and con-gurus who harmed their students are really attracted to Bhajanists! Which is to say, that YES! You are brilliant! True clam baked, clam headed Bhajanists are indeed at risk of becoming cockroachers!

Like we all were back in 1973 in the Philadelphia Ashram, under the directors Guru Rakha Singh and Kaur - very nice folks, both X Bhajanists for years now.

For some reason former swamis adore Philadelphia. Seemed to me, a native Pacific Northwesterner who had never in truth seen a cockroach until she moved to Philadelphia at age 18, (a new bride of a physics major who had been given a great deal to attend graduate school at the U of PA - founded by Ben Franklin). I screamed the first morning there, when a roach appeared on the bathroom sink of our 10th floor married student apartment/dorm.

I soon came to understand that Philly is built on a huge hole filled with cockroaches. In Philly, neighborhood associations arise and exist first and foremost to coordinate the group chemical spraying of cockroaches. One week one neighborhood sprays, and the roaches pour into the next neighborhood, and that neighborhodd association sprays the next week. The roaches flow around their big hole like that endlessly.

But, we were Clambaked and very against spraying chemicals, and folks didn't come asking us to join the neighborhood association anyway.

So we had a bit of a roach problem!

Roaches walking across our faces while we slept, and we were already sleep deprived.

It was like watching the tide go out when you turned on the kitchen light in the morning and the loud swishy-clicky sound of the black foam disappearring behinding the counters and appliances, has haunted me ever since.

We tried everything including 40 day meditations, but those former swamis were after us and they were winning. Of course Guru Rakha Singh had called Yogiji about the problem several times but Yogi Bhajan was clear that cockroaches should not be killed. Be kind to former swamis!

Fimally, Yogi Bhajan came to Washington DC and Guru Rakha Singh, and Alpha male 2 of the Philly Ashram, made an appointment to meet with him and they shared our desperate situation with Yogi Bhajan and his entourage.

After listening very intentlly, nodding his head, seriously and masterfully, Yogi Bhajan finally decreed, "There comes a time when all peaceful means have been employed and we must, as Khalsa, take our kirpans in hand and fight!"

Yogi Bhajan continued in this inspiring battle pep talk, and immediately upon returning to Philly, the ashram became part of the neighborhood association! And every few weeks our brave Clamhead Bhajanist men donned gas masks and armed with tanks of poison and shooter wands, they slaughtered those former swamis!

We women would go off and visit other ashrams for a day or two. But we women chanted "Akal! Akal!" for those swamis, in solidarity with the chants of our fierce fighting men. And our chants finally worked too! We must have liberated those swamis, because the roaches finally went away!

Well, for a month or so, until our adjoining neighborhood association sprayed, and the black wave of black swamis returned for another round of endless combat.