Fast Driving with Yogi Bhajan

Kundalini Yoga, White Tantric Yoga, Ashrams, Daily Life...
Archivist1

Fast Driving with Yogi Bhajan

Post by Archivist1 »

Ever end up doing "Driving Seva"?

(DeepTurban) ...I think of all the times I have driven for him at up to 130 mph because he wanted to. I remember when we drove from the ashram in Espanola, New Mexico to the airport in Albuquerque and we ran six red lights never going less than 70-80 mph. And the funny thing was, I’m driving the guard car and I did that, I followed because we thought it was like a fate worse than death not to follow him, to get lost.

(Kaur-X) Wow

(DeepTurban) But what would of happened to me if I got a massive reckless driving ticket and was thrown into jail? Would he stop his car? Certainly not! Where would I be.

(Kaur-X) Your’ on your own pal, that’s where you would be.

(DeepTurban) Yea I know and it doesn’t feel very good if you know what I mean.

I remember once in St. Louis at a tantric course, we were all going to a movie across town and YB had us speeding like crazy in order to get to the movie on time. I was in the follow car and really hated having to keep up with him. The movie sucked and I just couldn't understand why we had to risk our lives. For what? Just typical SD/3ho insanity, I guess.

He was into "adrenaline rushes", and what that does for the head and body....of course, the long term effect is awful.

Adrenaline rush - worst kind of drug addiction. He had an addict's behavior - didn't he?...poor old sap - too bad we didn't understand that when we chose to study with him. We were kids huh? And, what about hours of breath of fire, no sleep, no protein, & forcing our eyeballs into the skull - what can that possiblly do to the brain, nervous system, and capacity for critical thinking?

It really pisses me off when I hear their latest KY teacher training weekend recruits proclaiming "Kundalini Yoga" as the "superior yogic technology" - above all other forms of yoga. What a crock!! But then there are assholes in every yoga system and in all walks of life. Bhajan certainly seemed to know a modest amount about hatha yoga and ayurvedic medicine - however that coupled with his sadistic, vendictive, rageaholic nature, gluttony, mental illness, sex addiction and cumpulsive/obsessive disorder, etc, etc, etc was a complete disaster. However, I can laugh at it all now - including myself - and that's a good thing.

Archivist1

Re: Fast Driving with Yogi Bhajan

Post by Archivist1 »

I wonder if YB and entourage ever got stopped by cops and ticketed for fast driving?

I actually assisted Hari Jiwan (senior) in not getting arrested for excessive speeds.

HJ had contributed to the Orange County (California) Sherrif's Department (he was a Republican after all) and received an auxiallary Sherrif ID card.

He used this ID card when pulled over by the tribal police for speeding in New Mexico and got away without several tickets.

During the winter of 1992 a friend of a Bhajanist who fixed radios for the tribal police in New Mexico was asked by the police about Hari Jiwan Singh. He told the police that HJ was no cop and the upshot was that all the tribal police agencies in New Mexico were lying in wait for the next time HJ would be speeding.

No matter how much I didn't like HJ, I disliked the setup worse.

Without disclosing where I heard it from and who was involved, I mentioned to HJ that he might want to stop speeding in New Mexico. When asked how I knew that I mentioned that he especially shouldn't speed in tribal areas. His eyes bug-eyed, asked me how I knew that, I said that they were waiting for him with his sheriff's card and that was all I had to say.

That's the last nice thing I ever said to Hari Jiwan...

Archivist1

Re: Fast Driving with Yogi Bhajan

Post by Archivist1 »

Chief of Protocol of Sikh Dharma, MSS Hari Jiwan Singh Khalsa writes:

...sometimes he (YB) would even ask me to drive recklessly in order to lose our security car. Sometimes, he just wanted to be left alone. These times were always entertaining and to top it off the car phone would ring constantly. The security car, the Secretariat and various other offices were always alerted to his disappearance and so everyone was trying to reach him. He would never answer the phone.