It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:43 am 
What effect do you think Anju's article will have on the Sikh leadership at the SGPC and Gurdwara committees around the world?

A fair question. I don't know about the gurdwara committees but it seems obvious that YB got the SGPC leadership in his pocket many years ago and he has obviously trained Satpal Singh (Son in law) to carry on the tradition.

Do you think they will ever make a formal pronouncement that Bhajananism is a cult and not Sikhism?

Not unless the grass-roots protest (there is one, you know) gets to be a great deal bigger.

Will they continue to close their eyes and schmooze with the Bhajanists, pretending that nothing is amiss?

Yes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:54 am 
I have received one reply from my emailing "American Yogis Distort Sikh Scripture" to all the Sikhs in my email address book. Don't remember who most of them are, just people I warned against Bhajanism over the years. At this point I don't know many Sikhs, I have no Sikh sangat, so this letter from an elderly Sikh gentleman has warmed me heart. He told me I could share his words with you.

Dear Mrs. Kamalla Kaur,

Thank you very much for refreshing my fading memory about

the Biggest Hollow-Hoax-Hypocrite Cult. Three pillars have

already collapsed:

Yogi Harbhajan Singh Puri died on 6th October 2004;

Baba Thakur Singh expired on 24th December 2004;

Baba Virsa Singh too died on 24th December 2007; and

Rest will disappear as soon as the current corrupt regime

at Amritsar and Chandigarh, is defeated by the anti-Sikh

elements like (1839-1849) !

By going through “Edicts of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib” by Roop Singh,

published by Singh Brothers Amritsar, Edition March 2012, it is noted

that on 13th January 1974, Sadhu Singh, Jathedar Sri Akal Takhat Sahib

Sri Amrtisar had presented citation which reads:

In presence of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib, a gesture of appreciation is expressed for Bhai Sahib Sardar Harbhajan Singh Ji for his selfless services being done for the preaching of Sikh Faith in the foreign lands. May the Satguru be ever pleased upon him.

We implore the Waheguru to bless him sustain his Faith and patience till his hair and the last breath. (at page 329)

It thus shows that like the legal term ‘aiding and abetting’, SGPC &

the so called Head Ministers are equally guilty for his exploitations

as you may have observed about another pseudo sant-baba Daljeet

Singh of Chicago ?

Let us continue to recite and practice the Guru’s Teachings

as enshrined in the Guru Granth Sahib up to Mundavani at

pages 1 to 1429. There is no need to follow any cult/sect,

which are promoted by the selfish political dealers for the

sake of their votes. So far all the English Translations are

for earning money by the different Authors. Therefore, we

all Sikhs must apply God’s given discerning Intellect rather

than following others blindly.

With best wishes,

Gurmit Singh (Sydney)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:50 am 
Antion Vikram Singh wrote:
Do you think they will ever make a formal pronouncement that Bhajananism is a cult and not Sikhism?

Not unless the grass-roots protest (there is one, you know) gets to be a great deal bigger.
Do you think a petition campaign could help? If so, any idea how to get it started?

Quote:
Will they continue to close their eyes and schmooze with the Bhajanists, pretending that nothing is amiss?

Yes
Rats.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:12 pm 
I'm going to add my opinion in too.

If/when this new information from this article, and/or new information from the future Sikh Free Press expose's gets picked up by non-Sikh media, then suddenly more and more savvy Sikhs will claim they have known about YB being a evil creep from the beginning (true) and that they have been fighting him all along (not so much).

Western media picking up the story is dependent, as always, on X-Bhajanist's sending the article to journalists. That is how we got this far, and if we persevere, the next 15 years, or sooner, will get this story told and the realm of justice will arrive. Have faith. And keep working.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:05 am 
From Dr. Devinderjit Singh,

It occurred to me that those accusing Antion Vikram Singh, and other critics of YB, of "ninda" could be reminded that Sikhism regards "ustat" in an equally bad light. This pair of terms refers to the tendency of flattering people to their faces while badmouthing them behind their back, and so has no relevance to an open discussion. If 3HOers want to distort (or, putting it more charitably, generalise) the meaning of "ninda" to (honest) criticism, then the equally abhorrent "ustat" must mean false and/or exaggerated praise.

Thanks,
Devinder.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:46 am 
Anyone using the term "negative nellies" cannot expect to be taken seriously! I found his rebuttal to be condescending and lacking any real facts.He spent nearly everyday with the SSS,so what does this prove or disprove?Nothing!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:27 pm 
There's a TV show - in Punjabi, of course - where Dr. Amarjit Singh (whoever he is) discusses Anju Kaur's article. I have no idea where this was made or shown; could be anywhere in the world where there are Punjabis. On the You Tube page there are no comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q59vMeYGjhM

If you take the time to watch this, even though it's in Punjabi, it's easy to understand that he's not happy about YB's antics.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:05 pm 
Khalsa Council 2015 happened in April, right after the first in the series of Sikh Free Press articles published,
American Yogis Distort Sikh Scripture

The article has proven to be irrefutable. And, in order to fight this attack on their Public Relations, Khalsa Council members will first need to read the article. OR maybe it wasn't even discussed?

The cognitive dissonance of Bhajanists, and also Sikhs, is so intense. So many drank the Kool-Aid so deeply.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:08 am 
I posted the following to a couple of Facebook discussion areas. Thought it might be of interest here.

When I look at Punjabi Sikhs discussing Bhajanism, as so often happens these days, it’s very obvious to me that they cannot understand how anyone who has become a Sikh could possibly be interested in things Hindu. I suspect this is because for them, having been born a Sikh, the abhorrence of Hindu practices has been taught to them since birth; it’s second nature. This is not so for the Westerners who turn to Bhajanism.

Today I saw a quote on Facebook and I want to share it here to help Sikhs from Punjabi origins to understand just how prevalent these Hindu ideas are. I have often said in these kinds of discussions that there is a strong tendency towards Hinduism and its practices amongst the “New Age” people. Perhaps this quote will help people to understand just how strong it is.

Here it is:

“I lean towards Hinduism. Reincarnation, karma, celebrations, Bikram yoga, chanting, devotional singing, conscious sexuality, vegetarianism, mediation, flowers, incense, dance, slowing down, reconnecting, love, light, laughter and leisure. All good, good things and even better because there are millions of kind, open loving souls who lean in too.

Hare Krishna”

Notice how many of the things that seem to attract her are either not found in Sikhi or are frowned upon.

I know the lady who wrote this; she is a good and well-meaning person. She is typical of millions of Westerners who find no satisfaction in their religions of birth – mostly Christianity and Judaism – and are looking for another spiritual path. She is NOT a Bhajanist, in fact she may never have even heard of 3HO. But her attitude and feelings are, I think, typical of the type of people who start taking Kundalini Yoga classes and eventually get involved with Bhajanism. That is why I post this.

I hope to make things clearer to Punjabi Sikhs who just cannot understand why Hindu rituals are being allowed to happen amongst the Bhajanists. I believe this turning towards Hindu practices in 3HO/SD is happening because most of the people who come to 3HO are really oriented towards Hinduism and are looking for a Hindu practice. (I know I was when I started). They don’t see anything wrong with it because no one has given them any education about Sikhi and, in particular, Sikh history.

When YB was alive, he would make sure that the organization was sufficiently oriented towards Sikhi to keep the Punjabis happy – or at least in the dark. Now he is gone there is no need for anyone to suppress their Hindu leanings and we are seeing the results very clearly.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:19 pm 
Well said!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next