It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Harvey Weinstein Scandal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:34 pm 
I am genuinely surprised that no one has yet drawn attention in these pages to the obvious parallels between Harvey Weinstein and you-know-who. So let me be the first to do so.

In this well-written article, the author asserts that the basis for HW's interactions, sexual and otherwise, was to humiliate others. Now who else do we know who was into that?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-human ... le/2009995

The Human Stain: Why the Harvey Weinstein Story Is Worse Than You Think

The New York Times last week broke the story of Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein’s long record of sexual harassment. Actresses including Rose McGowan and Ashley Judd came forward to detail Weinstein’s depredations, and so did former employees of the man who founded one of the most important independent film companies of the last 30 years, Miramax. The details were so jarring and the trail of abuse so long, that it was impossible to read the story and not come away wondering: How did no one know what he was doing?

But of course people knew about Harvey Weinstein. Like the New York Times, for instance. Sharon Waxman, a former reporter at the Times, writes in The Wrap how she had the story on Weinstein in 2004—and then he bullied the Times into dropping it. Matt Damon and Russell Crowe even called her directly to get her to back off the story. And Miramax was a major advertiser. Her editor at the Times, Jonathan Landman, asked her why it mattered. After all, he told Waxman, “he’s not a publicly elected official.”

In 2015, Weinstein’s lawyer donated $10,000 to the campaign of Manhattan district attorney Cyrus Vance after he declined to file sexual assault charges against the producer. Given the number of stories that have circulated for so long, Weinstein must have spread millions around New York, Los Angeles, and Europe to pay off lawyers and buy silence, including the silence of his victims. But he had something else going for him, too. He knew his victims would be reluctant to go public because it might suggest that some of their success, their fame even, was a function of their inability to protect themselves from being humiliated by a man who set the bar for humiliating others at the precise level of his own self-loathing.

Hollywood is full of connoisseurs like Weinstein, men whose erotic imaginations are fueled primarily by humiliation, who glut their sensibilities with the most exquisite refinements of shame. A journalist once told me about visiting another very famous Hollywood producer—you’d know the name—who exhibited for my friend his collection of photographs of famous female actresses—you’d know their names, too—performing sexual acts for his private viewing. As with Weinstein, this man’s chief thrill was humiliation, and the more famous the target the more roundly it was savored: Even her, a big star—these people will do anything to land a role; they’re so awful, they’ll even do it for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:41 am 
Excellent find! This story is mind-blowing. There are strong parallels with Yogi Bhajan here, not just the abuse and humiliation of women, but the collusion all around to keep it quiet. You have both NBC and the New York Times quashing the original Weinstein story. You have politicians and reporters and former Asst. Atty General of NM Guru Terath Singh Khalsa looking the other way at Yogi Bhajan's crimes... The collusion of silence becomes a story in and of itself.

Before Weinstein there was Joss Whedon's wife exposing that righteous paragon of feminism as a dishonest philanderer who gas-lit her for decades while taking advantage of what he called "beautiful, aggressive, needy women" whose careers he controlled.

Before that was "America's Dad" Bill Cosby exposed as a serial rapist.

The entire rotten entertainment industry edifice is crumbling.

The difference now is that Weinstein is more powerful than all of them. Weinstein's behavior was such an open secret that no one dares attack the women who are speaking out. I can only hope that because everyone is giving these victims the benefit of the doubt, it will enable victims in the future to speak out faster without fear of professional retaliation. Actresses should stop having to meet men of power in their hotel rooms in order to land roles. Any actress should be able to demand that meetings take place in professional offices or in public with witnesses present. Any high-powered producer or director should be willing to meet actresses in professional offices or in public with witnesses present.

I hope this changes the way business is done in Washington, too! I want to see an expose of all the rotten, corrupt politicians and how they've been bought-off - frequently with underage girls and boys - to the detriment of the people who elected them.

I hope it makes Trump and men like him think twice before indulging in what he disgustingly terms "locker room talk." I hope the next generation of Kennedy's don't treat women the way their fathers did.

I'm loving to see the hypocrites squirm: HRC who is "shocked and appalled" at Weinstein's behavior while she still protects her rapist of a husband. Why wasn't she shocked and appalled and rushing to believe the women he raped? Will she and the DNC give back all the money that Weinstein donated to them?

Look at Meryl Streep suddenly expressing horror at Weinstein, when she gave a standing ovation and heaps of praise to child-rapist Roman Polanski.

Like Dennis Prager said,Weinstein's board of directors didn't fire him because they found out what he did. They fired him because we found out what he did.

So much Yum!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:20 pm 
Attachment:
GurujotKjpg.jpg
GurujotKjpg.jpg [ 4.59 KiB | Viewed 1416 times ]

I just posted this on FaceBook, on my page, and on Harjinder Singh of Europe's FB page and Elandra's. Dr. Van Dusenbery read it as soon as I published and he posted as crying sad face: :cry: THUS verifying that what I share is backed by scholarship, evidence, facts and the Academy. OOOOooo Lala. Yes. Love it.

Elandra Kirsten Meredith and I were never part of Yogi Bhajan's harem. Mercy. Mercy. However, like so many women, we are re-triggered learning about Harvey Weinstein, because we have experienced violence, sexual violence, directed at us. But, worse yet, far worse, Elandra and I are sympathetically re-traumatized on behalf of Yogi Bhajan cult survivor (and non-survivor) women, who remain silent still. Almost all of Yogi Bhajan former students remain hidden behind screen-names for their safety, because truth is, Yogi Bhajan was so much worse than Harvey Weinstein. Did I mention that Yogi Bhajan had a HAREM, and he had body guards, that became an huge security company, Akal Security? Yogi Bhajan and Wild Bill Richardson, CIA mastermind JJ Angleton, Indira Gandhi, and the Clintons - deep and wide cronies. Drug and arms trafficking, and intimate involvement in the politics that led to the genocide of Sikhs in India mid 1970s through present.

Since Yogi Bhajan's followers believed he was an ascended Master, fully pure and holy (his followers still believe this...), we envied his harem.

Again, compared to those studying us, Elandra and I know nothing. But Elandra and I are OUT and thus it falls to us, to SPEAK for Yogi Bhajan "secretaries", victims of sexual violence, weird horrible torture, fasting regimes, public and private shaming sessions, being woken up at all hours by constant crazy phone calls from the Master, and/or very ugly sex, with lots of pain and bruises - I could go on and on.

AND they couldn't escape. Yogi Bhajan's secretaries were tracked and stalked at all times by Yogi Bhajan's bodyguards.

And again, since Yogi Bhajan's followers believed he was an ascended Master, fully pure and HOLY (his followers still believe this...), we envied his harem and we couldn't SEE their misery or bruises. Not then, later....

viewforum.php

From Judge Robert's Finding and Conclusions
Portalnd Trial
viewtopic.php

Bhajan maintained personal attendants, a group of women upon whom he became dependent for day-to-day and hour-to-hour support and companionship in his home as his health declined toward death from complications of diabetes and kidney failure. In the fall of 2004, this personal staff lived with him in a New Mexico residential compound called the Ranch. They served rotating shifts so that one of them was with him at all times of the day and night. During Yogi Bhajan’s life, his personal retainers and administrative staff served at very modest compensation; however, it was widely understood that he had assured these personal assistants life-long compensation. This promise was known as the Yogi Bhajan Assurances. In his will, Yogi Bhajan planned to fulfill the promise by creating a trust called the Staff Endowment, to which he gave a half interest in royalties earned by the license of his name and likeness for use on the products of Golden Temple, Inc. The beneficiaries of the Staff Endowment were the former personal retainers and staff, and the income derived by that trust was intended to fund their promised life-time income.

However, after the death of Yogi Bhajan in 2004, the widow of Yogi Bhajan (referred to as Bibiji) challenged the gift of intellectual property rights. As a result, the funding stream for Staff Endowment was cast into doubt. It became questionable whether the funds ever would be paid, because of the claims by Bibiji, still unresolved as of the time of the trial of this matter in 2011.

viewtopic.php

Yogi Bhajan’s Wife vs. His Secretaries
The Fight For Yogi Bhajan’s Empire

Sikh Free Press Nov. 2012

Inderjit Kaur Puri, widow of Yogi Harbhajan Singh Khalsa, stands to win 100 percent of the couple’s living trust, without having to split any of it with her husband’s Caucasian female assistants.

The 15 single women that served her husband, also known as Yogi Bhajan, were his personal staff, his closest administrative assistants.

Peraim Kaur, one of his personal staff members, in her testimony for another lawsuit in Oregon described how she worked long hours for little pay. She told the court she had no vacations and was on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It also is common knowledge that his personal staff was discouraged from having outside relationships.

According to 3HOhistory.com, Yogi Bhajan immigrated to Canada in 1968 and settled in Los Angeles to teach Kundalini and White Tantric yogas to the hippie counterculture of California and New Mexico. His family soon followed. “…(The couple then) created a new culture of Sikhi as founded by Guru Nanak, the first Guru of the Sikhs,” the Web site says.

Although the community kept the outward appearance of Sikhs, the bana of beard and dastaar, and now calls itself ‘Sikh’ Dharma International, many of its practices - such as faith-based yoga, idol worship, gem magic, astrology, tarot reading, tantric numerology, and following Yogi Bhajan’s rehit, also known as his “technologies” - contradict the fundamental teachings of the Sikh faith.

As Yogi Bhajan’s new religious community grew, so did his fortunes. His businesses and other assets are together worth hundreds of millions of dollars, according to published reports.

Yogi’s widow sues managers
By Sherri Buri McDonald

The Register-Guard, Dec 14, 2010

The widow, Bibiji Inderjit Kaur Puri of Los Angeles, alleged that her husband’s most trusted advisers drew up false documents and backdated them to make it appear as if he had approved what she described as their abandonment of orthodox Sikh practices, their takeover of the community’s businesses and the exclusion of his family members from the management board.

From

KATE - SSS Sardarni Guru Amrit Kaur Khalsa's younger sister
viewtopic.php

As a consequence of the injury suffered by Kate, she feared that Bhajan could and would inflict grievous physical harm upon or kill her and members of her family through direct physical assault and through the use of magical or mystical powers, if she spoke out against Bhajan or revealed what he had done to her.

This belief was the product of mental delusion intentionally induced in Kate by the defendants while she was in the cult, reinforced by actual assaults and threats of assault which occurred while Kate was in the cult, similar threats of assault after Kate left, and other forms of harassment which the defendants perpetrated against Kate after she left the cult.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:30 pm 
The details are parallel aren't they? Psychological coercion leading to bad sex that is really just an afterthought, the real goal being dominance, power and humiliation. It's ridiculous for Weinstein to blame this on a "sex addcition", it's not about sex. The problem is that he's a psychopath. Bhajan was a psychopath too. Almost fifty years later I'm still upset with myself for surrendering some of my autonomy to a psychopath. Fortunately Bhajan was a relative small-fry and thanks to the immunity I developed by being around him, I've since been resistant to charismatic leaders, healers, financial advisors, politicians and bosses. The problem for me is I still wonder about those 3HO people who weren't as fortunate as me. I never lived in his hive. There were many people close to him who were routinely abused. He did his nastiest work before the internet age, and later only a few people later came forward with their stories.

PS: I wrote this before reading the post from Kamalla which says it all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:10 pm 
Hi Dr. Mike,

Yes, it was about violence and the thrill of power and lots of secrets, and glee in outwitting everyone and controlling people - and other LIZARD concerns. Sex was a form of torture for many of YB's consorts. Some liked it. Such is life. - Kamalla

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Everyone in LA also saw Karta Purkh Kaur (AKA Kate) being made to attend 3HO functions with black eyes and horrible bruises. You have to thaw out quite a bit before you can face that you actually witnessed that." - former GurSiri Kaur Khalsa

And let us not forget how Yogi Bhajan always made Kate wear high-heeled shoes. He told us it was "for her back".

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:38 pm 
Julie: Yikes. Glad you survived.

Kamalla Rose Kaur I was very young and low caste while in the YB cult and I lived far far away from Yogi Bhajan, I got into trouble while leaving the cult, for being "the writer" . I started out the "clueless" writer and then spent a decade as the "knows way too much" writer. Now scholars (and journalists too) know all the new news stuff. .

Here is my personal story about howSCHOLARS SAVE LIVES!

Kamalla Rose Kaur: Julie, you will be amused to know that it took many weeks to explain to Ken the full extent of my dramatic situation when I returned to Bellingham and met him in 1998. I certainly didn't think it wise to marry again, you can understand. Ken's response? "Everyone should be in this kind of danger, Kamalla."

In 2001 when I started "The Wacko World Of Yogi Bhajan" (archive and forum) Dr. David T Mason was reading over my shoulder in the early days(super impressed with the wondrous group improvisational team teaching skills of we former culties - group mind can be used for good!) and Ken was an active, often hilarious, contributor and activist too.

Julie: keep writing!

Kamalla Rose Kaur Julie says, "Keep writing." Others may be saying, "It is OK Kamalla Kaur, you can stop writing now."

Those studying these things know that my anti-cult activism became a cut and paste job quite a few years back. I am happy to work with journalists, as always, but what-me-write?

Wacko World of Yogi Bhajaners have written our hearts out. We had the first basic online book about the YB Cult, up and running in the first year (we started Jan 2001) so that readers could visit the forum and learn pretty much everything we had to tell them. We were reaching out trying to get our friends still in the cult to leave.

But we kept on learning more and more and more. David T. Mason and I were political activists and interested in creating FREE SPEECH internet experiences, which means creating simple LAWS, not letting "moderators" play Alphas. The WWoYB ran with 1 rule for many many years - no personal attack of fellow posters was allowed. 3rd warning was eviction - EXCEPT I was the moderator SO I let posters personally attack me and rarely evicted anyone because I wanted their perspectives and didn't care that they didn't always like me. Ken joked about me being a 'leader" (hahahah!) of hero escapees from a horrible CIA managed authoritarian cult - whole idea is hilarious, right? Yes.

Never known people I rather work with than X - Bhajanists. Dr. David T. Mason LOVED the early cast of posters at the Wacko World of Yogi Bhajan. Amazing ENSEMBLE, and perfect timing. SWOON worthy.

Somewhere around the mid- 2000s, the scholars published books and papers, and the journalists started writing more and more stories, - using the Wacko World as their library, with two or three of us working behind the scenes as their tour guides. We WWoYBers became the AUDIENCE. These days we sit around and wait for scholars and journalists to explain the story of our lives to us, in greater and greater detail. And so far the story just gets bigger and bigger,

Do i even care if it goes TV mainstream one day. NOT REALLY. It never has in the past and I have had good reason to believe it might go mainstream news - many many many many many times, until I gave up beyond anyone's meager understanding of what total "Whatever. I dunna have any control. Call me if you need me. Bye."

Which is to say, Julie, that i moved onto other writing binge projects many many moons ago and The Wacko World of Yogi Bhajan is like the AKASHIC RECORDS! Been there done that. Zzzzzz

Last edited by KamallaKaur on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:48 pm 
Elandra Kirsten Meredith

About how everyone knows and puts up with it, and so the perpetrators think they can get away with it....

Carrie Stamper writes - "Harvey Weinstein...what's worse---a "pussy grabber" in power or a power-broker serial sexual assaulter, rapist and entitled fucker who has been getting away with this for DECADES who gives money to establishment Democrats pretending to care about women's issues?
Sure, both are horrendous, but frankly I'm tired of everyone thinking that people on the Left somehow get a pass on bad behaviors, excused at every turn by people who facilitated his crimes with their silence. EVERYONE KNEW.

I had heard this Weinstein shit over two decades ago...it was *known.*

There is NO head-scratching here....power and entitlement are the scourge of our society, and it's not just the Republican asshats who have enjoyed the freedom to abuse, assault and rape women with impunity.

The next scandal to break should be the pedophiles in Hollywood in positions of power. That better come out.....it's been tolerated just like Weinstein's and other power-broker's crimes.

Entitlement, misogyny and abuse are not exclusive to any political stripe. Anyone who took Weinstein's money KNEW. If they say they didn't they are full of shit."

Carrie Stamper

All of this (and thanks for quoting me, Elandra. :-) boils down to extreme imbalance of power. A few very powerful, entitled men exerting their privilege over those who have no voice. People (men and women) SILENCED for DECADES are now speaking up. This is just the beginning. We MUST keep speaking out and supporting those who have been oppressed and abused.

Those voices will be silenced AGAIN if we don't keep yelling loudly.

Carrie Stamper The next thing to break is the wall of silence built for Hollywood pedophiles. They EXIST in the highest realms of power brokers.

There is so much more. So, so much more. Let's break the damn open and let the putricity spills out!

Barbara Walters tells Corey Feldman "you're damaging an entire industry" when he warns of Hollywood abuse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:57 pm 
Carrie Stamper

I spoke to Corey years ago about the rampant abuse of children in Hollywood. I couldn't believe such a thing existed, but it does....he is a very troubled person. He is easily silenced.

Carrie Stamper

The easiest and quickest way to hurry the revolution along is for those who have been silenced by Non-Disclosure Agreements to realize that if they all ignore them at the same time very powerful men can be toppled instantly.

"Lawyers who specialize in the field of sex abuse and employment litigation will howl at any discussion of limitations on NDAs as an illegal restraint on the ability of private litigants to resolve their own disputes. The fallacy of this argument is that although such cases may involve private entities, they choose to use public courtrooms to resolve their disputes. In choosing a public forum, they have no right to invoke privacy rights that might be invoked in private sector forums. Once a case is resolved in the context of a publicly funded courtroom, except in the most extenuating circumstances, the public should have the right to know what happened.

Such public disclosure is already legally required in many states where either doctors or lawyers are accused of professional misconduct. Public directories can be searched by members of the public to obtain information about how such claims were resolved.

Elandra Kirsten Meredith

Hey, there is a part of me that thinks, I'm such a busy woman, you know, doing important things like traveling, teaching, setting up and inviting people for healing retreats in Thailand, my life purpose and great love, so this thread, topic is not my responsibility, I don't have time to be here, reading and writing here about such horrendous things! It's so unpleasant! It will taint my image, It's so confusing for people, I am here to talk about my BIG VISION of HEAVEN ON EARTH -THAT HAS NO PSYCHOPATHS IN IT! That's what a part of me wants, thinks, that part says, don't even go there! and that is the BIGGEST PROBLEM in the world, the reason everyone turns away! its the way i think, and so do many, quick, its not my problem, bury head in sand, sweep under the rug... thank you to the FEARLESS FEMININE FIERCE AND FREE Kamalla Rose Kaur for speaking out... my biggest call to help heal the world begins with speaking out, the truth, the truth of your feelings.. and that's what my retreats and teachings and groups are all about!. People, its time to stop repression of truth, suppression of feelings, its time to stop inner abuse as well, #stoptheabuse!!! And we are calling on more warrior men to join us to protect and defend women...join my group Speak Out to Love..

A less ominous version of last week's New York Times headline "Harvey Weinstein Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accusers for Decades" would have been published decades ago had it not been for secret NDAs. The publication of information regarding the payoffs would have alerted women and, for that matter, other entities doing business with Weinstein's entertainment empire that perhaps they should look into the details of these settlements." -- Paul Callan

Kamalla Rose Kaur: Everyone knew about it - yes.

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:02 pm 
Kamalla Rose Kaur There are many interesting news stories brewing around Yogi Bhajan, but it has taken years for scholars and journalists to stop being confused by the way Yogi Bhajan named his followers, and confused about Sikh's various responses to Yogi Bhajan. Yogi Bhajan used to say he could buy anyone in India (in the 1980s) for a mere $1000 USA. The exchange rate was mighty fine for sure. No need for former Yogi Bhajan harem women to come out, though I hope they will.

Elandra Kirsten Meredith

"If you shut up truth and bury it under the ground, it will but grow, and gather to itself such explosive power that the day it bursts through it will blow up everything in its way."
-Emile Zola

Join me in being a truth-mongerer! a truth speaker!

"The pursuit of truth as a lifestyle involves first being completely disconnected from the matrix of lies, then using all your senses, accepting when you might be wrong, researching things, seeing the bigger picture in light of history, established documents, current day observations, and in light of the technology of assisted information sharing". Zen Gardner

"Even though it makes no sense to our logical minds, the truth is that as we heal, the whole of Life heals.... the power of a person devoted to truth becomes a channel for healing grace that benefits all of humanity." Carolyn Myss, Defy Gravity
“Truth is the most difficult tapasya. Total truth is necessary.” Neem Karoli Baba

Kamalla Rose Kaur

Yes but wait. Shhhh. Wait for the right moment. It will dawn. Elandra's moment has dawned. Anyone notice how she is a cult classic Vampire MOVIE starlet who still looks great and actually ENJOYS being on TV?

Meanwhile some former Yogi Bhajan cult survivors are NOT suppose to come out. Many of them work behind the scenes, doing research. Or they post under screen names at Wacko World of Yogi Bhajan. Or they move on with their lives and maybe someday send a check to some future fund to help people BORN into authoritarian groups,

Just last week, I found myself on the phone with an old cult friend waxing lyrical saying, "Run. run. Be free. Run into your wonderful life."

Me, I don't have that option, because my role is the WRITER, and best tour guide of the Wacko World Of Yogi Bhajan, so I will never run from my "NeverEnding Story" but I take so much JOY in my friend's who can and SHOULD run, "Be FREE be free and run away! Just send a check when you get solvent! Love you! Mean It!"

But if and when the moment dawns, that you can step into a role and ROCK it (like Elandra can rock a TV interview), and you KNOW it is the moment - hey. These things happen. They do.

Kamalla Rose Kaur I was trained up in theater by Dr. David T. Mason and some people do TV so much better than other people. Me, I hate being on TV. The MAKE UP and they fiddle with your clothes and count down in your face and it is SO FAKEY.

Me I love radio. Local radio (Riley), is cooler than New York City media, all kinds. I am a third generation moss-back. The motto of my people is "Go Away!"

But I can't help that I got trained up by a known genius in theater directing and thus, I know a STAR and Elandra can do TV. It won't be fakey - or she won't be at least. I might even buy a TV to be able to watch her. Who else? Who else is an X-Bhajanist and TV called?

Attachment:
Elandra1.jpg
Elandra1.jpg [ 17.96 KiB | Viewed 1391 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:56 pm 
Nathan: You might be interested in this:

The Human Stain: Why the Harvey Weinstein Story Is Worse Than You Think

Kamalla Rose Kau

Thanks Nathan, very enlightening article. Akal Security is the YB cult's biggest business by far. Feel free to boycott "Yogi Teas" and "Golden Temple" products, but Akal Security guards our military bases, our US court houses, our airports and they handle "detainees" and I bet they have "deportee" contracts now too, They donate to the party in power. From studying the YB cult, I look at the Bush/Clinton team as a uh..,team.

No matter who is in power, Akal Security is still SWAMPED with lawsuits because they tend to abuse their employees AND their clients (like the US Army).

Espanola-based Akal Security Faces Legal Issues
By Paul Elias/Associated Press

Kamalla Rose Kaur

Now back to sleazy Dude-King-Sadistic-Monster-Men. We FEAR that Yogi Bhajan lent Wild Bill Richardson a cute young consort. I mean we know she was in YB's harem and then she worked as Bill's assistant - we fear bad sex was involved, As for New Mexico - it is LIKE it is politically an independent country or something? QUITE a FEUDAL STATE. Just saying...
Attachment:
Bill and YB.jpg
Bill and YB.jpg [ 68.61 KiB | Viewed 1390 times ]

Bill Richardson and Yogi Bhajan