It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:56 pm 
Attachment:
peace.jpg
peace.jpg [ 21.8 KiB | Viewed 807 times ]

Harjinder Singh, I so appreciate Sikhs and the global Khalsa Panth for letting me be myself. Sikhs enjoy people on soapboxes, and they don't mind me when I get all sentimental and goopy - unlike the academic atheists I tend to hang out with, who often roll their eyes at me at dizzying speeds. But my teacher, David T. Mason used to assure me that it isn't stupid and sappy, if I can pull it off. I COULD pull off this song right now, It is overused at WEDDINGS in the West, but it says something I think Bellinghamsters want to say to Sikhs. Ready?

For All We Know
Carpenters

Love, look at the two of us
Strangers in many ways
We've got a lifetime to share
So much to say and as we go from day to day
I'll feel you close to me
But time alone will tell
Let's take a lifetime to say
I knew you well
For only time will tell us so
And love may grow for all we know

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:06 pm 
Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:10 am 
Hi Wacko Worlders,

I am no longer posting, or even lurking, on Whatcom County/Bellingham local politics FB groups. I am sharing some about Elandra, on my FB page and Harjinder Singh's. Here it is:
Attachment:
Elandra2.jpg
Elandra2.jpg [ 25.19 KiB | Viewed 782 times ]

Dear Elandra,

Another mini peak experience: answering my phone to a crackle of extreme distance. I can hardly hear you. We realize it isn't going to work.

"FIERCE!" Kamalla Kaur, be FIERCE!"

(crackle, buzz hummmm, crackle)

"Hear me?? Fierrcccc...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Elandra Kirsten Meredith: Hahahahahah. What i was saying was "WE ARE FEROCIOUS FEMININE FIERCE AND FREE!!! HAHA!

We are just now getting settled from travels, eager to read your brilliant writing next week!

Kamalla Kaur:

"WE ARE FEROCIOUS FEMININE FIERCE AND FREE!!! HAHA!"

OK, I got it: "WE ARE FEROCIOUS FEMININE FIERCE AND FREE!!! HAHA!"

(108x an hour for how many moons? And that is Ha Ha, not Ho Ho - correct? How about a mudra? There has got to be a mudra around here someplace?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SISTERS

Kamalla Kaur writes:

This Sisters video will make Elandra laugh because she and I were in different castes in Sikh Dharma/3HO. Antion Vikram Singh and Elandra were leaders, while I was a very young worker bee. If a dress was needed, she would have gotten it, while I stayed home. But I didn't know her back then.

Still, had we known each other, she would have watched over my virtue. Bhajanists in the menial caste were very pure, sleep deprived, uptight, and married - or celibate - while Yogi Bhajan had an out in plain sight - hidden secret - harem to abuse.

Elandra and Antion Vikram Singh were also excluded from the innermost circle of the cult.

Still, had I lknown Elandra, I might have been asked to iron her underwear. (Calm down everyone. They were Kacheras - abit like boxer shorts). Many of us, not me (oh well) got the great honor of getting to iron Yogi Bhajan's underwear, or his wife's underwear. He didn't live with his wife, rather he lived with his female staff. So there was lots of ironing underwear opportunities for service to our teacher/Master/Sir!.

However, the plot thickens painfully, Yogi Bhajan was jealous and felt threatened by Antion Vikram Singh's past rock star glory, and his growing fame as a Sikh ragi. Thus Elandra may well have ironed her share of underwear, because Yogi Bhajan was like that, and worse. He loved to put us down and down.But we were so happy to be around him we kept popping right back up. Drove him crazy. It was all our fault. He told us so
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attachment:
Elandra and Moore.jpg
Elandra and Moore.jpg [ 110.86 KiB | Viewed 782 times ]

Kamalla Kaur: Elandra, I am so sorry that in the past you "brought out the brute in men", and so pleased that now you bring out the healed hero in men and women alike!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elandra Kirsten Meredith writes: We spent almost 20 years in intense spiritual practice looking for enlightenment. In our ashrams we would try to follow the teachings of "turn your emotions to devotion" but it did not work because we were repressing and denying instead of honoring and listening to and validating our feelings...and we were judging and criticizing each other...so we woke up and added emotional healing and tapping ... and now, Kamalla Rose Kaur says, "You and Antion Vikram Singh have done your own emotional work and inspired the rest of us to face our past traumas bravely - as distinct from fuzzy bi-passing and denial, and "don't be negative ji" false teachings". I say yes, Truly it's an ongoing focus and joyous work, as Antion says, "Spiritual practice is dry without emotional healing, and emotional healing does not stick without spiritual practice".

Last edited by KamallaKaur on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:35 am 
Quote:
Elandra Kirsten Meredith writes: We spent almost 20 years in intense spiritual practice looking for enlightenment. In our ashrams we would try to follow the teachings of "turn your emotions to devotion" but it did not work because we were repressing and denying instead of honoring and listening to and validating our feelings...and we were judging and criticizing each other...so we woke up and added emotional healing and tapping ... and now, Kamalla Rose Kaur says, "You and Antion Vikram Singh have done your own emotional work and inspired the rest of us to face our past traumas bravely - as distinct from fuzzy bi-passing and denial, and "don't be negative ji" false teachings". I say yes, Truly it's an ongoing focus and joyous work, as Antion says, "Spiritual practice is dry without emotional healing, and emotional healing does not stick without spiritual practice".

So much Truth in this one little paragraph! I'm grateful to Elandra, Antion Vikram Singh, and Kamalla for keeping the light burning here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 pm 
Elandra Kirsten Meredith: hahahaahahaha! a mudra, where is the mudra???

Elandra Kirsten Meredith: times calling for truth to come out...

Kamalla Rose Kaur: Sat Siri Akal ji.

Elandra Kirsten Meredith: " OK, got it: 'WE ARE FEROCIOUS FEMININE FIERCE AND FREE!!! HAHA!'

(108x an hour for how many moons? And that is Ha Ha, not Ho Ho - correct? How about a mudra? There has got to be a mudra around here someplace?)" - Kamalla Rose Kaur YES, we need the mudra, a mudra, my kingdom for a mudra! ?

Elandra Kirsten Meredith: "theres got to be a mudra round here someplace" - maybe i found it in the middle of the night!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:47 pm 
Dear Elandra: All these authoritarian cults to fall victim to. What is a New Age Goddess to do?

I will be sharing here and on Sir Harjinder Singh (of Europe) 's page and at the Wacko World of Yogi Bhajan. Feel free to post my question(s) and your response on your page(s) - just be sure to flag me and I will copy your words here and there. Leave the personal stuff for PEOPLE magazine (you never know).

I want your community college, cross cultural, thoughts/teachings on recovery from horrible stuff. What are your qualifications?

Going out to those wild and wonderful WWoYBers

Attachment:
Elandra and Antion.jpg
Elandra and Antion.jpg [ 4.47 KiB | Viewed 768 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:26 am 
Wow,so much going on here.I feel like I am running beside a galloping horse trying to take it all in.I am interested to learn more about the Sikh history in Bellingham,as well as the KKK.Thank you so much Kamalla for your dedication.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:23 am 
You mentioned Sikhs and Langer. This is what impressed me the most when I visited India,all are fed at the Golden Temple.The doors open to all directions,as a symbol of welcome..Beautiful baskets filled to the brim with lentils of all colors,garlic,and herbs.I tried my hand at rolling chapatti,to the amusement of the experts!(mine were square)Elegant men and women draped in colorful,flowing fabric,gracefully gliding across marble promenades.Ease and grace,beauty of place,travel there with me one day Kamalla?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:32 pm 
Yes what a crazy ride a few week back now. Again, I had zip/nothing to do with my hometown of Bellingham WA (and Canada) being the first communities in the history of the Sikh Panth to ever say "I'm sorry" for being horrible to Sikhs.

I just threw the PARTY on local 8 Whatcom County RB local politics forums (during election season) and I broadcast the PARTY on Global Sikh forums.

I threw the PARTY after first crashing 8 Bellingham local politics FB forums in response to Belingham being hit with dreadful Swastika attacks - while local Sikhs etc. were preparing to break ground on the Arch of Healing & Reconciliation.

I threw the PARTY after getting confronted - on the more active and interesting of said FB local politics forums - suspected of being a racist, a bigot . Yip, I got confronted by uh...Gora folks for me being, uh....Gora.

(I'm IRISH!!! OK, who cares, whatever...)

Oh Nanak, you can't make this stuff up. Only by GRACE does life get so silly and sweet and sacred, in the midst of ALL THIS TUMULT. .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:35 pm 
Wonderful 20 minute video about Sikhs in the USA that talks about Bellingham, WA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXIJBWF ... ture=share

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next