It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:36 am 

Election of new members to the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation Board resulted in the ouster of several incumbents and raises questions about the transparency of the remaining initial board members.

Voted out were Guru Amrit SIngh of Herndon; Siri Pritam Kaur of Yuba City; Siri Vishnu Singh of Espanola, Jai Singh of Millis. Incumbents Harijot Kaur and Krishna Kaur survived the vote.
http://www.ssscorp.org/2017-candidates.html

The winners and losers listed in order of votes tallied and percentage
of votes cast:

SS Sahaj Singh Khalsa
Total Votes: 190
Percentage: 66.4336%

MSS Krishna Kaur Khalsa
Total Votes: 184
Percentage: 64.3357%

SS Guru Darbar Singh Khalsa
Total Votes: 183
Percentage: 63.9860%

SS Dr. Harjot Kaur Singh
Total Votes: 161
Percentage: 56.2937%

SS Kulwant Kaur Khalsa
Total Votes: 159
Percentage: 55.5944%

SS Gurutej Singh Khalsa
Total Votes: 152
Percentage: 53.1469%

SS Guru Sangat Singh Khalsa
Total Votes: 142
Percentage: 49.6504%
--------------------------------------------------------
SS Guru Amrit Singh Khalsa
Total Votes: 138
Percentage: 48.2517%

SS Siri Pritam Kaur Khalsa
Total Votes: 134
Percentage: 46.8531%

SS Sirivishnu Singh Khalsa
Total Votes: 114
Percentage: 39.8601%

SS Jai Singh Khalsa
Total Votes: 90
Percentage: 31.4685%

SS Hari Nam Singh Khalsa
Total Votes: 89
Percentage: 31.1189%

SS Jot Singh Khalsa
Total Votes: 62
Percentage: 21.6783%

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:19 am 

The candidate statements provide some evidence of distrust of the current SSSC membership and a frustration with the many lawsuits. The legal disputes between the cult and Inderjit Kaur Puri/ "Bibiji" (the widow of Harbhajan Singh Puri/ "Yogi Bhajan"), and the couples' offspring, Ranbir Singh Bhai, Kamaljit Kaur Kohli and Kulbir Singh Puri, are taking their toll.

A sample of some of the winning candidates' opinions:

From new member Guru Darbar Singh's response to Question #14 about challenges facing the Dharma, "The biggest challenge facing the non-profit entities is that we focus on the money and not on our values..."

Guru Tej Singh, "I think the situation with Bibiji must be resolved quickly. This weighs heavily on many and retards our forward progress."

Guru Sangat Singh, "..negotiate a conclusion to all lawsuits that are ongoing."

Harjot Kaur, "Even though there has been an SSSC board in place for five years now the issues of mistrust...remain and this trust has yet to be healed."

Krishna Kaur, refers to "the tsunami" of legal hassles and the need "to settle the legal case Bibiji and her family are still holding."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:49 am 

Indulge Doctor Po for a moment, please. Does anyone else find this somewhat odd? In the context of the candidate statements in which one of the incumbents, Guru Tej, mentions having bathed Bhajan's body prior to cremation as a qualification, perhaps there is no room for "odd" in a field of such as this, but still...

From Harinam Singh Khalsa (the lawyer, gambler, Martha Stewart show guest, etc.) on transparency, inclusion, accountability in the candidate Q&A:
"As far as inclusion, I am committed to seeing a more welcoming approach toward people of color, LGBT community and men (yes men, being the trend is that many, many more women are now joining into our community and practices than men)".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:27 am 

Holy Smokes!

Guru Amrit Singh Khalsa is OUT? Wait, are any of the Herndon Gang on the SSSC Board anymore?

Where is Viriam Singh Khalsa?

Dear Krishna Kaur Khalsa, my old friend.

If there is a "tsunami" of legal hassles facing the devoted followers of Yogi Bhajan here on earth, imagine the ones you will soon face in Guru's Courtroom?

First you have to get through Guru's Courtroom, and then, if Guruji graces you with forgiveness for your complicity and knowledge of so many crimes, and your role in the cover up of the abuse our children in India - then you will make it into Guru's Court, where we get to hang with all the great ragis and the rest.

Never too late to have a happy ending and a great life and after life. Just saying. Not my opinion. It is the teachings of Nanak, and you know it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:39 pm 

The Herndon gang is well represented on the board. The elections alternate with board members' terms ending or members running for re-election in different years. Guru Sangat Singh from Herndon is one of the newly elected members. Viriam Singh from Eugene was not associated with the bakery and from what I've heard the Eugene sangat has not recovered from an ugly split during the prolonged Unto Infinity case. That watershed event revolved around the sale of Golden Temple Bakery, of course. Viriam Singh was a backer of the Siblings of Destiny side which opposed the bakery brass. As I've been told the rancor in Oregon persists.
It's notable that two younger players are on the board, Sahaj Singh and Guru Darbar Singh. I don't know what to make of Kulwant Kaur, who is married to Dr. Soram Singh of LA.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:26 pm 

Thank you Dr. Master Lama Lilan Po Po,

You have sent me word that you will be gone gone beyond beyond for a spell. Do not worry, you and I can commune as much as we desire (zip, right?) via our superior telepathic abilities gained from years and years of doing Kundalini Yoga. Or it may be the years and years of working together, and the fact that we both know how the other is going to react and probably think - certainly feel.

Anyway don't hurry back, but when you get back, then hurry back. Does that make sense? It isn't like I need you or anything, I just can't do this without you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:31 pm 

Bhajan used Kulwant Kaur as a spy for years/and etc.... she cozied up to whomever Bhajan told her to and then reported back to him

Offline Profile