It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:52 pm 

I sent the article to a person who thus far is reluctant to do much more than skim the most recent evidence of Bhajan's scheme. S/he did read all the photo captions and the response was, "...(expletive). Misspelling the Gurmukhi at GRD sums it all up."

Khalsa” is the surname Yogi Bhajan gave his followers, which Sikhs find offensive. “Siri Singhasan e Khalsa” means “The Revered Throne of the Khalsa.” This is the name of the “gurdwara” building, or “Sikh place of worship,” within the “Siri Maha Akal Mandir” complex, or “The Great Eternal Hindu Temple,” at Yogi Bhajan’s sprawling headquarters, "Hacienda de Guru Ram Das Ashram," or "House of Guru Ram Das Hindu Monastery," in Espanola, New Mexico. Right: The sign is displayed above the entrance to the building, near a statue of a seated lion. The title has a spelling error in the Gurmukhi.Source: Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa on flickr.com, sikhiwiki.com

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:04 am 

From Deutschland Kundalini Yoga Teachers private FB forum:

A KY instructor wrote saying that he thinks the Guru Granth belongs to everyone, and it is good to do rituals with other religions and he doesn't care about titles anyway.

Kamalla Kaur:

It is wonderful and great if you are not a Sikh and don't like aspects of Sikhi. I like your response because I can better understand your worldview. My goal is not to change you or your sprituality. I'm just letting you know that Yogi Bhajan and group are in Sikh News. I hope you, and others, can be loving and compassion and understand Sikh's upset - and acknowledge it - even if you don't agree with Sikhs and Sikh teachings.

The Guru Granth was actually written by Nanak. Changing one word of the Guru's hymns is a huge SIN in Sikhi. Again I understand if you don't agree with Sikhs, but please know that for Sikhs the Guru Granth is our ONLY teacher and Guide. You are welcome to follow Yogi Bhajan instead of the Guru Granth. Sikhs follow ONLY the Guru Granth. The Khalsa defends the Guru Granth...

“They read and contemplate scriptures, they practice the inner cleansing techniques of yoga, and control of the breath. But they cannot escape from the company of the five passions (lust, rage, greed, pride and attachment). They are increasingly bound to egotism.

This is not the way to meet the Supreme One. I have performed these rituals so many times. Finally I collapsed, exhausted, at the door of my Creator and I prayed to the Beloved One, ‘Please, grant me a discerning intellect'”.

Guru Arjan, Guru Granth Sahib, page 642

Sikhs can be expected to disapprove of Yogi Bhajan lying about his lineage and titles, because, for Sikhs, the Divine One IS Truth (God is Truth, Sat Naam). Being honest is really a big ethic for Sikhs. How do you feel about that?

Like you, Sikhs reject Yogi Bhajan's love of, and copious use of, titles. Sikhi is egalitarian - just like you, Sikhs are not interested in titles. How do you feel about Yogi Bhajan making up titles, for himself and his followers? Former Yogi Bhajan students claim that Yogi Bhajan and Bibiji didn't write their own PhDs either.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:50 am 

Misspelling the Gurmukhi at GRD sums it all up.

YES, it is so sad how little German KYers - who call themselves Kaur and Singh, and some use Khalsa too - appear to know about the Sikh religion and Sikh history.

Do they understand that Yogi Bhajan was suppose to get excommunicated in 1977, but then suddenly that changed...

1977 - 1984, does this mean ANYTHING to these KY Teachers?

How do I approach this? Hate to be a downer to their high consciousness but Jew 1945 = Sikh 1984. Not their reality? My truth, but their truth is above politcal conflicts.... genocide?... I've grown beyond that...Tara, Tara, I'll think about it tomorra...

Gotta laugh or cry. I am doing both.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:03 am 

I am very grateful to those who are speaking out in the name of truth.
Yogi Bhajan came here with a suitcase full of fraud,and that is what he built his empire with.
When he wanted more attention,he created a more impressive title.As a yoga student,and teacher I fell in line with the reverent believer in front of me.I finally opened my eyes,the emperor has no clothes!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:05 pm 

stardreamer wrote:
Yogi Bhajan came here with a suitcase full of fraud,and that is what he built his empire with.
When he wanted more attention,he created a more impressive title.As a yoga student,and teacher I fell in line with the reverent believer in front of me.I finally opened my eyes,the emperor has no clothes!

You got that right! But... naked Bhajan? Ow! My poor head!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:36 pm 

I am stepping away from posting at the Private FB Deutschland Kundalini Yoga Teachers forum. They are all speaking German, and the cognitive dissonance volume, reverb and echo are all set at 11.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:05 am 

Antion Vikram Singh is involved in a private Sikh FB discussion of the article. He has sent me his words to post here.

Antion Vikram Singh

Ok, let's look at some of your points, ji. You say "the arrogance of some to slander Sant Singh Khalsa as not following the correct interpretation". Slander, FYI means to spread false information about a person. You are taking a lesson from the Bhajanist playbook. One of their favorite tactics is to accuse a person of slander when they present an inconvenient fact that does not reflect well on 3HO or YB.

There is no slander here, nor arrogance. Anju Kaur is merely pointing out that Sant Singh is adding words and ideas that do not occur in the original Gurbani. If he had said “Oh siblings” instead of “O brother” you would have a valid point. But you are totally avoiding the fact that he has added words and ideas not present in the original Gurbani. This should be abhorrent and inexcusable to any devout Sikh.

Antion Vikram Singh

You say: “Yogi Bhajan Singh ji had his leanings. He could have easily made all his disciples to be a total Hindu outfit. But it never materialized as such but it became more of a Sikh organization”

Are we then supposed to be grateful because 3HO/SD is “more of a Sikh organization” than it is a Hindu organization? Why could not 3HO/SD be a total Sikh organization?

Whatever YB’s background, when he came to the US he looked like a Sikh, dressed like a Sikh and, when he was around Sikhs, he talked like a Sikh. Later, with his disciples, he began to talk like a Sikh – rather than a yogi - and to all intents and purposes acted like a Sikh. Except when he was participating in the occasional Hindu hom (fire ceremony).

He said over and over again that his mission was to create the Khalsa in the West. He made it clear that he was expecting us to be Sikhs; yoga was expected to be a sub-theme.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:09 am 

Antion Vikram Singh

You talk about an “old picture of Yogiji in Hindu garb”. I presume you mean that one at the start of the article. FYI, that picture was taken long after he was teaching Americans to be Sikhs. It was not something that was taken before he came to the US.

Here’s why we can’t “just let it rest.”

A lot of not just bad but evil deeds took place while he was alive. The 3HO publicity machine and YB himself were very good at covering these things up. Lies, big lies were told, as we see from the admission from the Jathedar of Akal Takhat that YB was NOT given the title of Siri Singh Sahib by him or anyone else.

Women were abused and raped. Children were sent to India and many were emotionally damaged by the inhumane conditions there.

People were browbeaten into unhealthy marriages and consequent divorces. People who chose to leave the organization were slandered and vilified. In my own case, YB threatened to spend half a million dollars to destroy me. He then tried to sue me but backed off after I told his lawyer that I was going to go on a tour of Gurdwaras in California to tell the truth about 3HO.

Antion Vikram Singh

You say "The idea of translation is not of translating it from the languages of the Guru Granth Ji but regarding to be able to convey the meaning of the words of Gurbani."

Sorry, but this is nonsense. "Translation" means "translation", believe it or not. It means to take the original text and translate it into another language following the original as closely as possible.

What Sant Singh did is called a recension – meaning to take someone else’s work and to rewrite it, perhaps to give a clearer or more concise explanation.

Now there’s nothing wrong with that per se. But with Gurbani there is always the danger of inserting one’s own ideas and prejudices into the translation, which he did. Not only his own ideas but YB’s. And therein lies the problem.

To say nothing of the fact that this work is being advertised as full translation. Here:

“This is an original translation,” the advertisement falsely says. “It was not derived or adapted from anything else. It was done over a period of 15 years, defining each word, and carefully translating each line.”

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:52 pm 

Easy Online Activism Opportunities:

1. Send this article to every Sikh you know.

2. Send this article to Gurdwaras.

3. Send this article to Religious Studies Departments of Universities

4. Send this article to Religion Editors of magazines and newspapers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:07 pm 

There were 25 or so responses from KY teachers posted on the FB "American Yogis Distort Sikh Scripture" thread - all in German except one. I'm not bothering to GOOGLE-Translate there anymore but I figured the poster who posted in English was speaking to me, or at least desired that I read her words. She felt that we were having the same discussion as last time when I was there. Why? What is my motivation?

In the New Age View of the Cosmos, my motivation and intentions, are the important thing. Truth is relative for them, my truth is just my truth. They actually say "Sat Nam" and mean, "Thanks for sharing, that is YOUR truth."

Ironic and icky, because Sat Naam means the Creator/Creation's reality/identity. The movie we get to watch on Death Day is True, the rest was just lies and con games.

In Real Life Reality, they have been told, they have been warned, can't pretend they haven't. Because it really happened. I just posted one more post there:

Kamalla Kaur

No, this is a new discussion. Proof that Yogi Bhajan was not given the title Siri Singh Sahib and proof that he was to be excommunicated from the Sikh Panth in 1977 (but suddenly that changed) is NEW news. Of course, 1977-1984 are intensely important years in Sikh history - mass genocide and torture of Sikhs and assasination of Indira Gandhi.

The American Who Lived with Bhindranwale
http://sikhfreepress.org/.../american-w ... indranwale

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next